- Adult-Gerontology NP
- BSN On-campus
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Educator
- PhD in Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
- RN to BSN
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
- MS in Nutrition
- Social Work
- MSW Distance Concentration
- MSW On Campus Concentration
- MSW Distance Foundation
Preceptors Are Vital
Thank you for generously offering to precept a UND graduate nursing student. The UND faculty truly value our health care partners and the invaluable role they play in preparing our students for advanced practice. Without your expertise, time, and willingness to teach, our students would not be able to complete their educational goals.
- Students will complete 200-300 hours of direct care per semester, for a total of approximately 600 hours during their complete clinical experience over three semesters.
- Students need to complete required hours within semester time frames.
- A student may be with more than one preceptor during their clinical experience. The number of preceptors is dependent on the facility, preceptor, and student accommodations.
- Students will be logging their clinical hours as well as HIPAA-compliant encounters, diagnoses and procedures in Typhon, the clinical data management system used by CNPD.
- All entries are to be completed within a timely manner of clinical exposure and are to be maintained on an ongoing basis until the rotation is completed.
- The student’s Clinical Faculty will review and approve the hours they enter into Typhon.
- While the student is working with you, a UND-employed Clinical Faculty member, who is an NP or CNS, may visit the student for a Clinical Site Evaluation and/or complete a teleconference session for feedback on the student’s performance.
- During this on-site visit the Clinical Faculty would like to view the student as he/she engages with patients.
- Additionally, if time allows, a brief visit with the preceptor is desired. During the preceptor visit, please provide information regarding student progress toward meeting course and personal objectives.
- The student will provide you with information regarding a site visit and faculty contact information prior to any such meetings.
Evaluation & Verification
- At the end of the rotation, preceptors will be asked to complete an evaluation of the student. Preceptors will receive an email notification requesting that the student's preceptors complete this evaluation and instructions will be included in the email.
- After completion of the evaluation the College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines will send the preceptor a verification of preceptor hours to use for re-certification or annual review needs.