- Adult-Gerontological NP
- Advanced Public Health Nurse
- Accelerated BSN
- BSN On-campus
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Educator
- PhD in Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
- RN to BSN
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
- MS in Nutrition
- Social Work
- MSW Distance Concentration
- MSW On Campus Concentration
- MSW Distance Foundation
Glenda Lindseth, PhD, RN, FADA, FAAN
College of Nursing
430 Oxford Street, Stop 9025
Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202-9025
Education / Training
Postdoctoral Fellow (NIH Self-Care Program) Wayne State University
1992-1994 Detroit, Michigan
Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction: Nursing Curriculum Saint Louis University
1989 St. Louis, Missouri
M.S. Nursing University of Minnesota
1988 Minneapolis, Minnesota
B.S. Dietetics North Dakota State University Fargo, North Dakota
Nursing Methodist School of Nursing
1994- Present - Professor: (1998-Present) College of Nursing University of North Dakota
- Director, Northern Plains Center for Behavioral Grand Forks, ND
- Research & Research Translation (2008-Present)
- Associate Dean (2005-2008) and Director of
Research: (1998-2008) College of Nursing
- Associate Professor: (1994-1998) College of Nursing
- Faculty Practice: Nutritional assessments at
the Grand Forks AFB
1991-1994 - Associate Professor: Medical/Surgical Eastern Michigan University
Nursing (1991-1994) Ypsilanti, MI
- Clinical Practice: Clinical nursing at a 570 bed Ann Arbor
Hospital Intermediate Critical Care Unit.
1984-1991 - Assistant Professor and Instructor: Adult Health and University of North Dakota
Anesthesia Nursing (1985-1991) Grand Forks, ND
- Instructor: Home Economics and Nutrition (1984-1985)
1980-1982 - Women's Instant's and Children's Program First District Health Unit:
Minot Air Force Base
1979 - Clinical Practice, Intensive Care and Newborn Nurseries Methodist Hospital
Awards and Honors
- National Institutes of Health NCRR Recognition for Outstanding Service, 2010
- Ada Sue Hinshaw Research Award, Friends of National Institute of Nursing Research, 2008
- Presidential Lecture presentation, UND, 2007
- Fellow, American Academy of Nursing, 2006-present.
- Outstanding Faculty Scholar Award, UND, 2006.
- Sigma Theta Tau Outstanding Researcher Award, May 2003.
- U.S. Air Force Recognition Award, December 2001.
- American Dietetic Association Service Recognition Award, 2000.
- North Dakota Nurses Association Research Nurse of the Year, 1999.
- Red River Valley Nurses Association Research Nurse of the Year, 1999.
- Fellow, American Dietetic Association, 1996-Present.
- Faculty Research Fellow, EMU, l993-1994.
- Faculty Research Release Time Recognition Award, EMU, l992.
- Sigma Xi National Research Society, 1991 - present.
- Who's Who in American Nursing, 1988-1989.
- North Dakota State Board of Nursing Scholarship, 1988.
- Outstanding Young Women of America Recipient, 1985.
Methodist School of Nursing Scholarships, 1977-1978.
Instructional Service at UND (1984 - 1991; 1994-Present)
- Nursing Research Methods
- Research Grantsmanship
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Nursing Professionalism and Practice
- Adult Nursing Care Learning Laboratory
- Adult Nursing Care Clinical
- Adult Nursing Care Lecture
- Personal and Group Dynamics
- Trends in Nursing
- Theories and Concepts in Nursing
- Advanced Adult Health Clinical Practicum and Seminar II
- Issues in Health Care Delivery
- Research Design and Methods in Nursing
- Seminar in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Directed Studies: Gestational Diabetes in Vulnerable Populations
- Fundamentals in Nutrition
- Experimental Foods
- Cultural Foods
- Personal and Family Health
- Nutrition Research
INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICE AT EMU (1991-1994)
- Medical/Surgical Nursing Theory
- Concepts of Professional Practice
- Nursing Management
Nursing Management Clinical Practic
Teaching Professional Presentations
Professional Associations :
- American Academy of Nursing, 2006 to present
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society, 1991 to present.
- Midwest Nursing Research Society, 1991 to present
- North Dakota Nutrition Council, 1989 to 1994.
Nutritionists in Nursing Education (Nutrition Educators of Health Professionals)
Practice Group of the American Dietetic Association, 1987 to present
Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
Eta Epsilon Chapter, 1986 to present
American Nurses' Association, 1986 to present
North Dakota Nurses' Association and Red River Valley Nurses' Association
American Dietetic Association, 1984 to present
Greater Grand Forks Dietetic Association (selected years)
- American Association of University Professors, 1986 to 1988; 1991 to December, 1994.
Service (National Level)
2009 NIH Scientific Review Group 2010/01 ZRR1 STRB-1 (01) 1 meeting,
2009 NIH Scientific Review Group 2010/05 ZRR1 STRB-8 (01) 1 meeting,
2009 NIH Scientific Review Group 2010/05 ZRR1 STRB-2 (03) 1 meeting,
2009 NIH Scientific Review Group 2010/01 ZRG1 DIG-A (50) R meeting, Native American Research Center NARCH VI project.
2008 NIH Special Emphasis Panel/Scientific Review Group 2009/01 ZRG1 DIG-A (50) R NARCH V meeting.
2009 Journal of Physical Activity & Health Reviewer
2009 BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth Journal Reviewer
2006-Present DoD Medical Research Panel Reviewer
2006-Present Research in Nursing and Health Journal Reviewer
2003-Present Journal of the American Dietetic Association Reviewer
2001-Present American Dietetic Association (NEHP) Research Reviewer
2000-2001 American Dietetic Association (NEHP) Past Chair
1999-2000 American Dietetic Association (NEHP) Chair
1998-1999 American Dietetic Association (NEHP) Chair-Elect
1995-1998 Nutrition Educators of Health Professionals Secretary
1995-Present (NEHP) Practice Group of the American Dietetic Association.
1993-Present National Institutes of Health Research Consultant/Peer Reviewer
1993-1994 American Dietetic Association (NEHP) Nominations Committee
1990-1991 American Dietetic Association (NEHP) Nominations Committee
1990 National League for Nursing, New York City, New York. Normal Nutrition Exam Item Writer
Regional/ Local Service :
2001-Present Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS) Research Reviewer
2000-2001;2003-2005 Sigma Theta Tau Research Committee Member
1996-1999 Sigma Theta Tau Research Committee Co-chair
1994 Grand Forks Air Force Base Maternal Nutrition Assessments Faculty Practice
1992-1994 American Heart Association Nursing Research Committee (Michigan Region) Peer Reviewer
1989-1991 Red River Valley Nurses Association Nominations Committee
1989-1990 Red River Valley Nurses Association Program Committee
1987-1989 Red River Valley Nurses Association Membership Committee
1985-1986 Greater Grand Forks Dietetic Association Journal Club Chairperson
University Service :
A. UND: University Service:
2009-Present Health Sciences Library Committee Member
2009-Present Geography Dept. Undergrad. Program Review Committee Member
2009-Present Senate Ad Hoc Seed Grant Committee Member
2008-Present Faculty Special Review Pool Member
2003-Present UND Research Council Member
2003-2009 Associate Dean's for Research Committee Member
2007-2008 UND Presidential Search Committee Member
2007-2008 UND Faculty Seed Grant Reviewer Member
2001-2008 Senate Scholarly Activities Committee Member
2006-2007 EPSCoR Doctoral Student Reviewer Member
2005-2006 UND Undergrad Program Review (Biology) Member
2004-2005 Subcommittee on Interdisciplinary Research Member
2004-2005 Subcommittee on Academic Scholarship Member
2004 National Science Foundation/UND Major Instrumentation Grant Reviewer
2003-2005 UND Graduate Committee Member
1996-1998, 2003-04 Thomas Clifford Outstanding Faculty Scholar Selection Committee Member
2001-2003 Senate Scholarly Activities Committee Chair
2000-2002 University Senate Executive Committee Member
2000-2002 University Senate Senator
1997, 2001, 2002 Chester Fritz Professor Selection Committee Member
2000-2001 UND Undergrad Program Review (Anthropology) Member
2000-2001 Senate Student Evaluation Committee Co-chair
2000 Faculty Special Review Pool Member
1999, 2000 EPSCoR Scholar Selection Committee Member
1995-1998 Faculty Research Committee Member
1991 Faculty Research Committee Member
B. UND: College of Nursing and Departmental Service
2001-Present Doctoral Committee Member
2005-Present Research Building Committee Member and Co-Chair
1991-Present Graduate Council Member
2008-2009 Dean's Search Committee Member
1998-2008 CON Executive Committee Member
2007-2008 Research Advisory Committee Ad Hoc - Advisor
2004-2008 Faculty Tenure and Retention Review Comm. Member
2006-2008 Faculty Search Committee Member
2004-2005 Dean's Search Committee Member
2001-2004 Bridges Project Advisory Committee Member
2006-2007; 2004-2005; 2000-2001 Research Advisory Committee Chair
2003-2004; 1998-1999; Research Advisory Committee Member
1997-1998 Recruitment of American Indians in Nursing (RAIN) Advisory Board Member
1994-1996; 2004-2005 Undergraduate Curriculum Committee Departmental Representative
1995-1997; 1998-1999 Faculty Concerns & Promotion Committee Chair; Member
1995-2005 Nursing Doctoral Program Subcommittee Member
1995 Graduate Committee Challenge Exam Member (Ad hoc Committee)
1994-1998 Graduate Comprehensive Exam Committee Theory Representative
1994-1995;2000-2001 Nursing Professionalism and Practice Member
2002-2003 Department Peer Review Committee Chair
1990-1991 Sigma Theta Tau Research Day Committee Co-Chairperson
1990-1991 Adult Health and Anesthesia Department Peer Review Committee Chairperson
1989-1991 Graduate Council Member
1989-1991 Graduate Admissions Committee Member
1989-1990 Curriculum Task Force Member
1989-1991 Faculty Research Development Committee Chairperson
1989-1990 Adult Health and Anesthesia Department Faculty Peer Review Committee Member
1987-1988 Student Concerns Committee Member
1986-1988 Student Recruitment Committee Member
1986 Accreditation Committee Member
1984-1985 Nutrition Dept- Faculty Research Committee Member
C. Wayne State University, College of Nursing
1991-1993 Orem's Research Committee Member
D. Eastern Michigan University College of Health and Human Service, Department of Nursing
1992-1994 Dietetics Education Advisory Committee Nursing Representative
1991-1993 Curriculum Task Force Member, Interim Chair
1992 Faculty Advisory Committee Nursing Representative
1991-1992 Finance Committee Member
- 2006-Present Consultant for Canadian Economic Development Foundation
- 1995 British Broadcast Corporation. American Newsline. Radio One, London, England. July 12, 1995. Radio talk show guest for discussion of recent research.
- 1995 Director, International Airline Passenger Association in Lisbon, Portugal, as well as to 18 international and national colleagues.
- 2009-2010 Airline Pilots Association/Mesaba Airlines Safety Committee: Effects of Diet on Pilot Fatigue and Performance.
- 2005-Present NASA - Consultation
- 1993-Present National Institutes of Health (NIH/ADHAMA). Consultant and Peer Reviewer.
- 1995 Consultant to Rodale Press (Cheryl Sacra, Author), Women's Doctor's Health Encyclopedia: Chapter on Motion Sickness Interventions.
- 1995 Consultant to Marty Munsen, Associate Editor, Prevention Magazine.
- 1984-1985 W.B. Saunders Co. Textbook Reviewer.
- 2006-Present Consultant for Grand Forks USDA Human Nutrition Research Center.
- 2003-Present Consultant to DOT/FAA Center of Excellence for General Aviation Research.
- 1995 Consultant to WIC Program, Grand Forks AFB. Joan Camburn, Coordinator for information on research process used in USAF Hospitals.
- 1985 North Dakota Junior High Curriculum Chapter on Health Education. Consultant to G. Crawford, Author.
- 1985 Consultant for Health Care Services at San Haven State Hospital, Dunseith, ND.
- 1982 Women's Infant's and Children's Program State Department of Health. (Developed slide/tape training module).
- 1980-82 U.S. Air Force Hospital Advisory Board.