- Adult-Gerontological NP
- Advanced Public Health Nurse
- Accelerated BSN
- BSN On-campus
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Nurse Educator
- PhD in Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
- RN to BSN
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Community Nutrition
- MS in Nutrition
- Social Work
- MSW Distance Concentration
- MSW On Campus Concentration
- MSW Distance Foundation
- Nursing and Professional Disciplines
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner DNP
- Technology Requirements
The following basic requirements are recommended for UND courses.
- Active UND email account UND students are required to use their official UND student email.
- Operating System
- Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Macintosh 10.6 or higher
Note: All software/systems may not be compatible with each operating system.
- Wireless and satellite connections should not be used when taking exams or quizzes on Blackboard.
- Wireless and satellite connections do not work with online live class sessions. If your class meets synchronously (live) using Adobe Connect or Blackboard Collaborate, please make arrangements to connect directly to the modem/router before participating in the live class. Wireless connections will not be supported and any exceptions must be approved by the instructor of the course.
- A minimum of DSL/Cable (512kbps) is recommended. Check your Internet connection.
- UND Network Information
Some courses/programs may require the following free software:
- Office 365 ProPlus is available for free to current UND students, faculty and staff. This includes Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. We currently recommend the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office; 64-bit may be incompatible with some applications.
- The majority of courses utilize Blackboard Learn to share information with students. A complete list of supported browsers, operating systems and mobile devices can be found on the Blackboard support page.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 9 or newer
- Apple iTunes
- Apple QuickTime
- PDF Printer/Converter Convert files into PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format)
- PowerPoint Viewer If you do not have Microsoft PowerPoint, you'll need to download a PowerPoint viewer.
- Real Video Player or VLC
- Java Click on Free Java Download. Download the updated version of Java if needed. Once the new Java version is installed, locate and uninstall any previous versions of Java.
- Additional software is accessible to use free of charge through Citrix.
Program Specific Requirements
Courses with online live class sessions may have additional equipment requirements:
- USB/Firewire web camera
- USB headset with microphone Volume control is recommended. Webcam mics are not supported.
Check with your instructor to see if a webcam is required for the course.
Instructional Design & Technology (IDT)
- Video Card (512MB of VRAM Radeon, Nvidia, or equivalent)
- Mac must have an Intel processor.
Distance Engineering Degree Program (DEDP)
- Scanner A scanner is used for scanning homework assignments.